Q: What are your COVID-19 procedures?
A: Sycamore Speedway is now open! With us opening, we would like to go over our COVID-19 guidelines with you! The speedway can be busy, so please help us keep it safe for all of our customers and staff!
- We encourage you to do what you feel is best for yourself when visiting the speedway, in regards to safety precautions against COVID-19.
- To help with the popularity and attendance of the Speedway, please be sure to distance yourselves appropriately. 3 foot spacing is the current recommendation from the CDC. Try not to crowd in common areas.
- We have implemented online tickets sales for your convenience. Tickets are also available to purchase at the gate on the day of the event. If you purchase a ticket online, your order confirmation/receipt is your ticket and you will need that plus an ID to redeem at the Will Call Window.
- Tables and frequently touched surfaces will be wiped down regularly, and such surfaces have been treated with disinfectant.
- Sanitizer stations are available.
- Please DO NOT visit if you are not feeling well, or are showing any symptoms of being ill, or have experienced or been around anyone who has been ill within the last 14 days.
With your help, we can make this race season safe but if after reviewing our procedures you don’t feel this is the best environment for you, we respect your choice and look forward to seeing you in 2022 when things will be more normal! We cannot wait to see you at the Races!
Q: Do you accept credit cards?
A: Credit cards are only accepted in our souvenir stand and pit shack. Credit card fees may apply. We do have an ATM on site for ease of cash withdrawal. Atm is located just inside the main entrance of the speedway. All food, ticket, and beer stands accept cash only.
Q: What are your hours?
A: This is a tricky question and can have a very long answer. To be as simple as possible, during the week we are not open to the public. On Friday race nights we open at 6pm. On Saturday race nights we open the pits at 4pm and General admission gates at 6pm. And Sundays are reserved for our personal families.
Q: Why don’t I see Super Late Models on the schedule?
A: They are still racing with us but we have decided to change the name of the classes to better fit the industry standard. Sycamore Speedway’s Super Late Model class is now called Limited Late Models. Our Super Late Models were running a 3 link suspension which has become old technology and so we are now allowing a 4 link suspension and with the other rules this class compares to a Limited Late Model.
Q: What time does everything start?
A: For the 2022 Race Season; Qualifying starts at 6:30pm and races will follow Qualifying. There are a few events that will have a different time, please reference the event details for those details. Something to note, our events calendar shows a start time, this time reflects when our pit gate opens. This is significantly earlier than the race start time as drivers, staff, and crews have work to complete behind the scenes. You are welcome to arrive this early but want you to be aware that it could be a couple hours before you would see any racecars on the actual race surface if you show up that early.
Q: Can I bring my own food and drink into the Speedway?
A: Sycamore Speedway does not allow outside food or drink. We offer full concessions. In our concession stands you can purchase a wide variety of food and drink.
Q: Why would the races get cancelled?
A: There are several reasons that we may not be able to race at all or not complete a night of events once started.
- We are a clay race track and too much water may make the race surface unsafe for our drivers.
- It is raining out and we are a complete outdoor event.
- It can take time for the track to dry out and sometime what feels like a little sprinkle is enough to ruin a clay race track.
Q: How would I know if the races have been cancelled?
A: We try to get the word out as best as we can. There are several options for your convenience:
- Our website home page
- Our weather line 815-895-5800.
- Download our new Smart Phone App – search SycamoreSpeedway in the app store or Google Play.
- Our Facebook page
- Our Instagram page
- Our Twitter page
- Join our mailing list for email blasts.
Q: What is the official rain out policy once races have started?
A: In the chance of sudden showers, the track starter will temporarily suspend the races; however, every effort will be made to complete the races after the rain stops. If, in the opinion of Speedway Officials, the bad weather will prevent the return of a safe racing condition in a reasonable amount of time, the remaining races will be cancelled or postponed as follows:
- The program will be considered complete (no rain checks) if 4 or more events, not including time trials, have been run.
- If a special event was rained out, the special event may be added to the next weeks race show.
- In the event of rain, or any circumstances beyond the control of the Speedway Officials, the race may be declared complete or continued at the discretion of the officials in charge.
- If the program is not considered complete (see no. 1) your ticket stub or pit pass wristband will serve as a rain check for another race held within the next 2 race nights unless otherwise stated by Sycamore Speedway Management.
Q: Is camping allowed?
A: You are more than welcome to camp overnight but there are NO hookups.
Q: Can I pre-purchase my tickets and reserve my seats?
A: Yes, we do offer advanced ticket sales but not reserved seating. Our seating is bleacher style and there is no assignment to them. Tickets can be purchase at the gate on the evening of the event as well. The ticket link is provided in the event details for each event.
Q: Do you offer group discounts?
A: Yes we do for groups of 20 or more. If you would like more information please contact us via our website or email at sycamorespeedway.com
Q: Will my young child enjoy the speedway?
A: Racing is a sport for all ages. Some may find that it is a little noisy and dusty, feel free to bring appropriate attire for this. If you happen to not have any or forget we sell these type of items in our full souvenir stand.
Q: Can children go into the pits?
A: You must be 14 years old to have a full access pit pass. Fast passes are available for children ages 5-13 and grants access to the outer grass pit area and grandstands.
For every child under the age of 17 must have a minor release on file if they are going into any part of the pits. This form can be downloaded from our website or found at the pit shack on race nights.
Q: What is the typical schedule for a Friday Race Night?
A: Our typical schedule for a Friday Night looks like,
- 5:30 PM:
- Pit Gates Open
- 6:15 PM
- Driver’s Meeting
- 6:30 PM
- Pack Track
- 6:45 PM
- Qualifying for ALL Classes
- 7:45 PM
- Opening Ceremonies
- Trophy Dash
- 25 Lap Class ONLY
- Non 25 Lap Classes ONLY (6 laps each)
- 25 Lap Feature Event
- Fastest 25 Cars with last week’s winners in the rear
- *15 Lap Feature
- (if car count warrants an additional Feature, this will be determined on each race night after qualifying)
- Demolition Derby
- This will be held in the pit in the infield of the racetrack.
- Features for Non 25-Lap Classes
- (10 laps for FAST (1st) Feature; 8 laps for Features 2+)
- 1 on 1s & Figure 8s will be special events for 2021. Check schedule for details.
Q: What does a typical Saturday Race Night feature?
A: Our Saturday Nights can feature
- 4:00 PM
- Pit Gates Open
- 6:00 PM
- Driver’s Meeting
- 6:15 PM
- Pack Track
- 6:30 PM
- Hot Laps & Qualifying for All Classes
- 7:30 PM
- Opening Ceremonies (Our fastest qualifiers will be asked to participate.)
- Races to Follow
- Race Order:
- PS Heats (8 laps)
- SLM Heats (8 laps)
- SS Heats (8 laps)
- Additional Heats (i.e. Badger (8 laps), Open Late Model (10 laps), Sprints, etc)
- PS Dash (6 laps)
- SLM Dash (6 laps)
- SS Dash (6 laps)
- Any LCQ
- Intermission (10 mins)
- PS Feature (15 laps) except for Twin 15
- Badger Feature (if they are with us that night) (25 laps)
- SLM Feature (25 laps) except Joe & Nick & Twin 25
- Open Late Model Feature (on nights they run with us) (30 laps)
- SS Feature (20 laps)